Friday, October 12, 2012

The Idea Behind This Blog


I saw this picture in one of my friends' posts on Facebook today, and it gave me (what I thought) was an awesome idea...start a blog of  my responses to the "do not fear" verses in the Bible I feel led to do this for a few reasons.


  1. As an amateur blogger, I often struggle to come up with things to write about every day, and this is especially troubling for me because I am a professional editor/writer. If I have a different Bible verse to read and write about every day, that's an automatic blog entry topic. Yay!
  2. I'm trying to read my Bible every day. Since I am a Christian, I know that if I don't read the Bible, I won't stay connected to God, and that's one of the worst things I can do...neglect my relationship with Him.
  3. In recent years, I have experienced a lot of fear. I've lost a job, I've lost two houses, and I feel like I'm on the verge of something big and wonderful, but I have no idea what it is. As a result of all this, I've been more anxious in the very recent past than I've ever been before in my life. And it's not something I'm proud of. 
This is a message I needed to hear today...and probably every day, if I'm being honest. So I'm ensuring that I will hear the message every day by starting this blog. I've made myself accountable to reading and posting, and hopefully blog readers will follow along soon who can also hold me accountable! 

So, often, when I'm writing, I hold things back out of fear of what others will think of me when they read what I've written, and that's another reason why I'm calling this "My Year of No Fear." I will, with God's help, lay it all out in the open for everyone else to see. I will be as transparent as I possibly can. You will see me, my thoughts, and all my warts and failures. I will hold nothing back, in the hopes that the story of my struggles and fears will help others who are going through the same things. In this way, I desire to bring glory to God. 

Here I am, beginning my slightly scary journey. Won't you join me? Grab a cup of coffee--or a Coke or bottled water, whichever drink you prefer--and your Bible, and get ready for an exciting ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment